Gardening 101: What To Buy A Gardener For Christmas

Gardening 101: What To Buy A Gardener For Christmas

Gardening 101: What to Buy a Gardener for Christmas

Gardening 101: What to buy a gardener for Christmas 02:23

North Texas. If you're looking for gardener gift ideas, I have some great suggestions.

I visited my friend George Pavelek from New Purpose Urban Farm in Colleyville. George is constantly experimenting with plants and gardens; I believe in advice about waste and growing food.

I'll tell you this story, but I want to emphasize one important point: spend the extra money on good hand tools, especially hand trimmers and hand cleaners. Your gardeners will use these tools almost every day for many years.

If you want to garden in North Texas, it's wise to do your research.

The main magazine is Texas Gardener. George and I are big fans of Mother Earth News. Probably the best book I can recommend is Lone Star Gardening by Neil Sperry. I'm sure I'll find something in this book every week.

I'm also a big fan of Steve Huddleston. I wrote dozens of stories with him while working at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. He wrote a wonderful book called Simple Gardens of North Central Texas.

Next week I'll share another story with Jennifer Hatalski of Calloway Garden Center and Nursery. She had a table full of Christmas ideas to share with last minute shoppers 😊

Garden Guru - Gift of the Garden

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post