Everything We Ate At The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival

Everything We Ate At The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival
Chocolate covered strawberries at the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival on May 26, 2023. © The Orange County Register/TNS Chocolate covered strawberries at the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival on May 26, 2023.

The 63rd Annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival kicked off on Friday, May 26, 2023 and will run through Memorial Day. Along with the classic carnival rides, the festival has plenty of strawberry-themed competitions that festival-goers can take part in. But the real star of the show are the strawberry treats that visitors can buy from vendors.

The festival provides an opportunity for various nonprofits in the area to not only publicize their organizations, but also raise funds by hosting food stalls and games. This year, nonprofit food vendors include the Kiwanis Club of Greater Garden Grove, which offers funnel cakes, the Boys and Girls Club of Garden Grove, which offers strawberry lemonade on the menu, and Jobs' Daughters. , which makes its own name for its products. includes strawberry shortcakes.

Here's everything we tried at the festival this year. Spoiler: we ate a lot of strawberries.

1. Strawberry funnel cake

An honest dinner classic. I think it could be improved with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top, but in general you can't go wrong with a funnel cake. - BC

I love funnel cake. I will eat it in any shape, form and taste. Exceptionally, the strawberry gloss was excellent. Note that it tastes more like strawberry jelly than real strawberries, if that's important to you. - DELAWARE

Price: $10

2. Strawberry Lemonade

I like fresh lemonade, especially strawberry or lavender. Strawberry pieces added flavor but unfortunately got stuck in the straw making them hard to drink. - BC

I'm always careful with lemonade because it can be too sweet; I usually dilute. But to my surprise, it wasn't overwhelming. Good Wednesday. - DELAWARE

Price: $4

3. Strawberry Cake

Of all the strawberry products we ate, this was probably my favorite. There was a good level of sweetness and it was amazing if you could get all the whipped cream, cake and strawberries in one bite. - BC

The cake was so soaked in cream and strawberries that I was afraid it was an afterthought. Great, it wasn't. At the bottom of the plate, I was greeted by a perfectly baked pie, a fairly sweet pie. - DELAWARE

Cost: $9 for strawberries, cake and cream.

4. Dr. Pepper Strawberry Cream Drink

I wanted to try this new flavor and the Strawberry Festival seemed like the perfect opportunity for attendees to try it out with the added bonus of pairing it with a scoop of ice cream. Dr. Pepper isn't usually my favorite soda, but I have to say I was a fan of this combination. - BC

Dr. Pepper is my favorite soft drink, but I can't imagine it tasting without ice cream. It's great for a car ride, but it's too sweet for usual cuteness. But it's no problem to try it here because it's free! - DELAWARE

Price: Free

5. Strawberry Cheesecake

This cheesecake was listed as a strawberry cheesecake but turned out to be a classic cheesecake with strawberries on top. The cheesecake was good, but I was really hoping it would be strawberry flavored. - BC

I have the same complaint as above. I will add that it was a nicely folded cheesecake with a nice crumbly crust. - DELAWARE

Price: $5 per slice.

6. Chocolate Strawberry

It's hard to go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries. They were delicious but dirtier than I expected. - BC

The strawberries were so perfect. My bite will show the crimson color we all get when we take a bite. After my first bite, my chocolate kept coming out, so it was a chocolate strawberry on the side. Although I have nothing to complain about. - DELAWARE

Price: $10 for five chocolate covered strawberries.

7. Fresh strawberries

Surprisingly, we only saw two local strawberry vendors during the entire festival. After a day filled with non-stop sweets, it was nice to end the day with fresh fruit. - BC

I guess there's pressure when you show up to a strawberry festival with fresh strawberries. They did not disappoint. - DELAWARE

Price: $8 per basket.

Share this review on Instagram

Here's an easy way to share this article on Instagram: Click on the post below to open it in the app and click on the paper level icon. You can add it to your stories for all your followers or share it privately.

© 2023 MediaNews Group, Inc. Visit www.register.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Strawberry Festival, Garden Grove, CA highly recommended…🎈🎠🎢🎡🍭

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post