Esprit Decor StudentAthlete Of The Week: Braden Lee

Esprit Decor StudentAthlete Of The Week: Braden Lee

Williamsburg, Virginia (WTKR) - Spring is usually a busy time of year for Braden Lee of Lafayette. Again, every part of your year is busy.

"I run cross country. In the winter I swim and run," he tells me. "In the spring I play baseball and sneakers."

When he's not on the track, he still does everything he does outside the park.

"I'm in math, science and Spanish Honor Society, and I'm in three other high school clubs," said the Rams junior club.

"He came up with a mathematical formula to figure out what groups the athletes should be in based on the 200m, 400m and 800m runs," Lafayette track coach Cher Lubach said.

It's all part of the simple philosophy Lee uses. If you are interested, give it a try.

He told me, "I won't know if I like running or swimming or baseball if I don't try." "So I was in football and basketball, just trying to find what I was good at."

Most importantly, Braden is trying to build on his success by putting the team's accomplishments ahead of his own.

“Really, I like our teams winning state titles and going to the state playoffs more than success,” he said. "I like it when the team plays better."

"He goes to great lengths to do what he knows is right for his team because he wants them to be the best," Lubach said.

With a year left to graduate, Lee still has plenty of time to find something else that interests her and fits into her busy schedule. He will definitely make time for it and give it his all.

He told me, "He's just trying to help Lafayette win everything, that's all." "My teammates and colleagues around me helped."

Student Athlete of the Week - Canon Espinosa

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post