This Indoor Smart Garden Became A Part Of My SelfCare Practice

This Indoor Smart Garden Became A Part Of My SelfCare Practice
This smart indoor garden has become part of my self-care experience. © POPSUGAR Photography / Moná Thomas This clever indoor garden has become part of my self-care experience

While I love watching the plant parents build their award-winning greenery collection on social media (mostly on TikTok, they look so good there), I have yet to film one of mine. Especially now that I'm living in my own apartment, I think I'd really like to be a weed dealer and have Home Depot as my second home. However, this is not the case.

I admitted that I was too busy and too messy to remember to take care of my plants. I knew it would be a fun hobby once I got into it, but trying to figure out where to start overwhelmed me to the point where I gave up on the idea entirely. When I had the opportunity to test a houseplant system that offered what the discerning gardener needed to thrive, I had to see if this alternative was right for me.

Since the creation of Smart Planters in 2012, Click & Grow has perfected its technology and created many smart indoor gardens to suit different spaces. Inspired by city life, Click & Grow is proud to offer city dwellers an efficient way to find fresh houseplants, herbs and flowers year-round. Research has shown that owning indoor plants can significantly improve mental health, air quality, and relieve stress for city dwellers, so you can imagine the explosion of interest in my tiny Brooklyn apartment.

As someone who has missed several therapy sessions, I would appreciate any help I can get. And I have to say that watching my Smart Garden 9 ($161, originally $230) produce four weeks of green leaves has been a joyous and enjoyable journey. Enjoyed my first homemade Caesar salad! I opted for the Salad Lovers Set ($84, originally $120). Romaine lettuce, green beans and red cabbage can be grown in Smart Soil containers filled with nutrients and seeds, but there is so much more to try. Read my honest review of this smart garden and why I think it's the perfect gift for culinary enthusiasts and gardeners of all skill levels.

What I like about Click&Grow

The smart garden consists of two parts: a water tank and a ground LED light. I added a Salad Lovers vase to the nine pod holders. Depending on the design of the Smart Garden, the container itself indicates when to water and fill. I love how easy it is to set up - a real "set it and forget it" situation. Even the necessary soft maintenance - removing harmless mold and algae that grows in the soil and fills the water tank - can be done in about 5-10 minutes, and it does not detract from the impression.

For those who do not have plants, it makes sense for gardeners and garden lovers to see plants "in the wild". I find Smart Garden inspiring. I find myself checking the plants and looking at the little pods more often than I expected, looking for little growths and little changes. It really makes me feel fulfilled and definitely improves my daily mood.

My landlord (who soon rented) was also interested in the garden and said it was important to see everything grow in its own time, noting that the process could be both meditative and relaxing. After hearing this, I decided to take a deeper breath every time I went out into the garden and make this process an active part of my daily self-care routine.

What can you say about Click & Grow?

My smart garden originally sat on a shelf in the living room, away from the window. The first night I found out how bright the light bulb was - it automatically turned on for 16 hours of "sunshine" and turned off for eight hours, so I had to sleep with my bedroom door tightly shut so I couldn't see it. Finally I moved my garden closer to the window when I slept to avoid the light and the plants also got natural light. Tip: The Smart Garden comes in five different sizes, so make sure you have room to place your garden on a flat, sturdy surface.

As mentioned above, white mold and green algae can form on the pods, but this is quite normal. As the company points out in their FAQ, the plants stay in the water for long periods of time, so they can be accidentally drenched. I kept mine in a dark place at first, but after moving the plant to natural light and wiping the mold on top with a paper towel, I never saw the mold again.

Three of my pods also did not germinate at all, which seems normal even for traditional growers, as some of the seeds did not germinate. The characteristic of Click & Grow is that they are sensitive to such surprises, so when a customer asks about their seeds, the company sends replacement seed boxes for free.

Who is the best fit for Click & Grow?

The Click & Grow Smart Garden is a great addition to the home for beginners and experienced plant lovers alike. For those too busy to grow traditionally, this is the perfect way to grow stress-free. It is a great home accessory for those who want to enjoy indoor greenery to beautify the space; this minimal maintenance is worth the air quality benefits alone. The Smart Garden can also be the perfect device for active chefs or professional chefs; I feel relaxed eating fresh green vegetables and herbs from your kitchen.

Additional information

Depending on which grower you choose, you have full control over how much you grow. You can use Smart Garden 3 ($70, $100) or Smart Garden 27 ($650, $990), which have three grow holes. Click & Grow includes a plant stand (about four meters high) and three Smart Garden 9. And if you have the funds and space to spend it, you can buy the Wall Farm Indoor Vertical Garden ($2,500) — a wall-mounted unit with three shelves and 51 planting holes.

Should I click and enlarge?

Like any other garden, Smart Garden keeps on giving. And with free inflation, everyone gets free food. The cost doesn't seem so intimidating when plants and herbs keep growing in the garden.

Compared to other brands like Gardyn Home, the prices are worth the amount of money you save on fresh herbs, fruits, vegetables, peppers and flowers.

Where is Click and Grow available?

Click and Grow Official Site

Wafer

Amazon

Rating:

Former Sumter Kindergarten beat 5-year-old boy

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post